The Water Finance Conference convenes executive-level utility professionals, including directors, superintendents, CEOs, CFOs and finance managers with consultants, financial advisors, legal professionals and service providers involved in financing municipal water, wastewater and stormwater systems. The event is hosted annually by the journal Water Finance & Management, published by Benjamin Media, and in partnership with the National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA). The conference has been held virtually for the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic and is returning to an in-person format in 2022.
If you are interested in presenting to executive-level utility representatives, consultants and financial professionals involved in the fields of water, wastewater and stormwater, we want to hear from you. We are looking for presentations covering – but not limited to – the following topics and case studies as they relate to the funding of water, wastewater and stormwater projects. Presentations – or co-presentations – involving utility representatives are encouraged.
- Rate Studies and Rate Setting
- Maximizing Traditional Sources of Water Infrastructure Finance
- Private Financing Options/P3s//Privatization
- Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act: Applying Federal Funding Locally
- Leveraging Clean/Drinking Water State Revolving Loan Funds
- Budgeting/Short or Long-term Financial Planning
- Customer Affordability/CAPs
- Finance Approaches to COVID-19/Revenue Recovery
- Governance Issues
- Green Bonds/Environmental Impact Bonds
- Other Federal Financing Mechanisms/WIFIA, etc.
- Cash Reserves
- Legislative/Regulatory Issues Affecting Funding
- Cost Savings through Asset Management
- Case Studies Examining Innovative Funding
- Funding for Stormwater Projects/CSO Mandates
- Financial Tech for Water Utilities
- Financing for Integrated Regional Water Plans/Consolidation
These are for presentations only (no written papers). Please submit a 200-word abstract to Water Finance & Management Managing Editor Andrew Farr at email@example.com by March 19, 2022. The program committee encourages presentations from public (or private) water/wastewater systems so that attendees can hear directly from the folks doing finance work in the water utility sector. Or, if you are a product or service provider, presentations that include a utility representative as co-presenter are also encouraged. For additional information, conference details are available at waterfinanceconference.com.
The Water Finance Conference has been growing in popularity at a steady clip since its establishment in 2015. It is the only conference in the U.S. water utility sector that exclusively covers financing.
Speakers at the Water Finance Conference generally include a mix of drinking water/clean water utility finance officers, general managers, municipal advisors, EPA officials and service providers. Presenters and panelists have also included city and county finance managers, current and former mayors and city councilmembers, and other consultants and service providers who have a vested interest in the funding of water infrastructure in the United States.